If your child is struggling to make friends, maintain friendships, having difficulty getting along with peers, is being bullied, is anxious about peer interactions, lacks self esteem or just wants to make some new friends, then this is the group for them.
Group members participate in an introductory goal setting session with one of our OTs prior to the group starting, unless they are already receiving Sprout OT services.
The program will cover topics such as:
- Getting to know each other
- Identifying friendship building and blocking behaviours
- Strategies for self regulation
- Safe ways to express emotions
- Listening skills and communication styles
- Recognising perspectives of others
- Problem solving and compromising
Groups run for children 7-13 years of age in both school holidays and during term time based on need. Contact us for more information.