Workshops and Seminars
We believe the more we can share our knowledge and experience, the more it helps the kids we work with. Sprout runs a range of training and information seminars for parents, teachers and other professionals on a range of specialist areas related to developing social, sensorimotor, emotional and other skill areas for children with special needs. Seminars run to date include:
- Using visual cues to teach and promote positive social behaviours in children.
- Senseability – Multisensory learning
- To pretend or not to pretend – Why pretend play is important?
- How does your engine run? The Alert Programme for self-regulation
- Helping children make and keep friends
- Snip, Snip, teaching scissor skills
- Practically Social – teaching children with Autism/Asperger’s friendship skills
- Getting hands ready for school tasks
- Fun finger stuff – activities for developing writing skills
- What is Autism/Asperger’s clearing up the myths
- Successful sensory processing strategies for the classroom
- Calm your child for better sleep